As part of Learning Disabilities Awareness week, Royal Surrey County Hospital are inviting children (aged 5-11) and their parents/carers to come and get to know the hospital better to make it a less scary place.
- Is the Royal Surrey County Hospital your local hospital?
- Do you have a child aged 5-11 who has a Learning Disability and/or Autism?
- Would you like them to have an opportunity to feel better about coming to the hospital in the future?
On Sunday 23rd June 2019 Royal Surrey County Hospital are running 3 sessions (starting at 09.30am, 10.45am and 12pm) where your child and you can come and explore our hospital, so that they can feel more confident with what happens in many areas of the hospital.
Each session will aim to include:
- Exploring a children’s ward
- Exploring different medical equipment.
- Finding out about different outpatient areas around the hospital
- Finding out what support is available when coming to hospital
- And lots of fun!
To book a place for this day, please contact Vicki Ward (Paediatric Learning Disabilities Nurse) on 07980 765426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org